City of Greater Dandenong - Key figures from the Crime Statistics Agency
Crime increased by 19.0% in the City of Greater Dandenong in the past twelve months of the Andrews Government from June 2015 to June 2016.
The total number of recorded offences for the year has risen from 17,414 to 20,728.
- Theft up 42.0% from 4,795 to 6,810
- Robbery up 19.38% from 160 to 191
- Deception up 32.0% from 1,008 to 1,331
- Assault and related offences up 12.7% from 1,538 to 1,734
- Stalking, harassment and threatening behaviour 64.4% from 390 to 641
- Dangerous and negligent acts endangering people up 53.5% from 159 to 244
- Arson up 14.7% from 102 to 117
- Cultivate or manufacture drugs up 50.9% from 55 to 83
Huge increases in crime have been recorded across the City of Greater Dandenong over the past year with suburbs including Dandenong (up 28.2%), Lyndhurst (up 28.4%), and Springvale South (up 19.8%) some of the worst hit.
Since Daniel Andrews became Premier in December 2014 the crime rate in the City of Greater Dandenong has risen by 28.7%.
Source: Crime Statistics Agency – link here
Comments from the Gordon Rich-Phillips, Member for South Eastern Metropolitan Region
The crime crisis in Greater Dandenong is getting worse and local crime rates have
soared to record levels.
Daniel Andrews under resourcing of police in the south east must be immediately addressed and cuts to police station hours reversed.
More frontline police and a tougher approach to crime are urgently needed in Dandenong,
but Labor’s soft touch approach continues.
Media contact: Courtney Mann 9794 7667 email@example.com