CRIME HITS RECORDS LEVELS IN CASEY UNDER DANIEL ANDREWS
City of Casey - Key figures from the Crime Statistics Agency
Crime increased by 17.7% in the City of Casey in the past twelve months of the Andrews Government from June 2015 to June 2016.
The total number of recorded offences for the year has risen from 19,354 to 22,786.
- Deception up 48.1% from 1,041 to 1,542
- Burglary/break and enter offences up 29.3% from 1,888 to 2,442
- Robbery up 45.5% from 121 to 176
- Abduction and related offences up 70.4% from 27 to 46
- Arson up 29.2% from 608 to 802
- Stalking, harassment and threatening behaviour 31.9% from 608 to 802
- Theft up 16.6% from 6,483 to 7,558
- Assault and related offences up 12.3% from 1,818 to 2042
Huge increases in crime have been recorded across the City of Casey over the past year with suburbs including Cranbourne (up 26.3%), Lynbrook/Lyndhurst (up 28.4%), Endeavour Hills (up 30.1%) and Narre Warren North (up 28.2%) some of the worst hit.
Since Daniel Andrews became Premier in December 2014 the crime rate in the City of Casey has risen by 30.1%.
Source: Crime Statistics Agency – link here
Comments from the Gordon Rich-Phillips, Member for South Eastern Metropolitan Region
The crime crisis in Casey is getting worse and local crime rates have soared to record levels.
Daniel Andrews under resourcing and cuts to police station hours in Endeavour Hills must be immediately reversed with the crime rate in that suburb now up 30.1% over the past year.
More frontline police and a tougher approach to crime are urgently needed in Casey, but Labor’s soft touch approach continues.
Media contact: Courtney Mann 9794 7667 firstname.lastname@example.org